Academics University that forsters creative global citizens imbued with the pride of the Korean people
The Department of Public Relations & Advertising was set up in 1997, in response to the daily increasing demand for special workforce in the field of public relations and advertisement. The Department came to offer 40 major subjects, the highest number of subjects among all universities providing a public relations and advertising program. In response to recent changes in media and consumerism, the Department has restructured and upgraded their curriculum to foster students’ creativity and skills. Since its establishment, the department has produced numerous graduates who are working in their field to record an 80% graduate employment rate. The Department also boasts dynamic student activities, various events in the curriculum, and an intimate relationship between professors and students.
The education purpose of the Department of Public Relations & Advertising is to cultivate the professional womanpower n the publicity and advertising field requested by the advanced information society in the 21st century by educating the theory and practice in the publicity and advertising fields equally.
1. Understand the role and importance of publicity and advertisement as the persuasion communication in the advanced industrial society of 21st century.
2. Understand the theoretical characteristics of various publicity & advertising fields such as advertisement theory, publicity theory, public relations theory, consumer’s behavior, media planning, etc.
3. Teach the PR campaign practice, practical advertisement production method to foster the capability to utilize in the practical work.
4. Cultivate the professional communication manpower in the publicity & advertising fields through the organic interdisciplinary education with the telecommunications and marketing visual design fields that are deeply related to the publicity and advertisement.
5. Intend to be placed firmly as the incubator of PR & advertising education through the consistent theory cultivation and joint research works in the PR & advertising related fields in the academy-industry cooperation level.
|Required||Elective||Sub total||Required||Elective||Sub total|
|Public Relations & Advertising||16||21||over 37||6||48||over 54||over 140|