Academics University that forsters creative global citizens imbued with the pride of the Korean people
The Department of Economics at Sookmyung has a very long history and tradition. Established in 1955 as the College of Politics and Economy, it is the oldest department of its type among women’s universities. The division was reorganized in 1997 and renamed the Department of Economics. While its curriculum enables students to become businesswomen equipped with expertise based on theory research and a thorough practical education, it also provides an education with an international perspective and up-to-date information. The division is offering systemic lectures and programs grounded on the basic science of economics and actual applications.
The purpose of education set by the Department of Economics is to cultivate female economists with talents in order to satisfy the needs of women to join society which is increasing rapidly, with comprehensive understanding of market economy that is closely related to human lives.
In order to cultivate potential leaders with recognition and capabilities to contribute to society while promoting one's development in a competitive environment. education aims for detailed objectives.
1. Equip students with intellectual interests and humane self regarding figurative or real issues of human and society by acknowledging human dignity and rationality in a scientific perspective.
2. Educate students leadership and its role to participate in reality actively and elastically to the internal and external environment which are changing continuously.
3. Veil out problematic issues in reality and apply economic paradigm by logically analyzing the issue with practical understanding.
4. Through scientific understanding of activities of individuals, corporations or nations, suggest rational decisions and constructive ideas regarding decision or policy making process.
5. Understand fair competition and cooperation of development to conform to social standards with balanced mind to have creativity and leadership with proactive perspective.
|Required||Elective||Sub total||Required||Elective||Sub total|
|Economics||16||21||over 37||12||36||over 48||over 140|