DIVISION OF EDUCATION
- Telephone Number :
- FAX Number :
- Office Location :
- Queen Sunheon Building 921
- E-Mail :
The Division of Education is the field of study scientifically researching educational phenomena. In other words, it studies the essence, laws, and methods of education and other various phenomena of education. Sookmyung’s Division of Education was established in 1955, and has since played an important role in Korean education and in the academic world by producing numerous talents. The Division has thus succeeded in carrying out its education motto, which is to develop well-rounded persons of culture, namely female professionals who are educated in the systemic understanding of humanity, society, and education, who have a professional knowledge and hands-on ability, and who maintain a contributing and serving spirit for the development of education and society.
Purpose of the Education
The education purpose of the education major is to cultivate the capable teacher, counselor, and education related research for the organizations related to the school and society based on the capability deeply understanding the structural and systematic educational experience, human being, society, and education phenomenon.
- Grow up as the whole cultivated person and cultural person based on the structural experience in education.
- Understand the human beings, society, and education systematically, and learn the professional qualification.
- Foster the practical capability as the female education expert who are acting in the various education fields.
- Cultivate the attitude and qualification to service for the Korean society and human beings by contributing to the development of education.