Sookmyung Women’s University requires full-time international students (including exchange students) to have hospital/accident insurance or other healthcare coverage for the entire year. For those you have not yet purchased the adequate health insurance policy for their study at SMU, Sookmyung Women’s University would like to give them brief information on health insurance policy program of Dongbu which is one of major local insurance companies in Korea.
Students who have an adequate insurance coverage which meets the following conditions of health insurance waiver are required to submit a copy of their insurance policy to the staff in charge at Global Lounge. Please be noted that those who do not have an adequate health insurance policy are not entitled to enjoy the benefits for International Students such as scholarships for International Students or other services (Cultural Activities etc) which will be provided by SMU.
- To see more information about Dongbu Insurance CLICK
|Coverage||Accidental death and Disability/Sickness Death||Join limits Payments|
|Accidental Medical Reimbursement (Domestic, Inpatient)||10,000,000|
|Accidental Medical Reimbursement (Domestic, Outpatient)||250,000|
|Accidental Medical Reimbursement (Domestic, Prescription)||50,000|
|Sickness Medical Reimbursement (Domestic, Inpatient)||10,000,000|
|Sickness Medical Reimbursement (Domestic, Outpatient)||250,000|
|Sickness Medical Reimbursement (Domestic, Prescription)||50,000|
|Liablility of Reparation||10,000,000|
|Inpatient medical expenses overseas treatment||Join limits payments|
|Evaluation / Repatriation||Join limits payments|
Accident / Sickness Medical(Domestic, Outpatient)
Deductible : KRW10,000 for a clinic, KRW15,000 for hospital and KRW20,000 for a general specialized hospital
- Accident / Sickness Medical(Prescription) Deductible KRW8,000
※ The Company will pay such the medical expense less the deductible per one prescription within the limits of the insured amount (up to 180 cases a year).
- Insurance not covered
- Anamnesis (disease or physical disorder occurred before joining the insurance.)
- On-purpose of the contractor, the insured or insurance beneficiary
- Suicide (attempt), self-injury, criminal, violence
- Pregnancy, delivery, abortion
- Dentist treatment (injury possible)
Dongbu Insurance Plan: Total Premium, per person
- 4 months: approximately US$90
- 12months: approximately US$180~200
-  The insurance fee may differ by the actual age of the insured person.
-  The insured amount may differ by fluctuations in exchange rate.
-  The insurer is liable only for those benefits indicated above.
-  The insurance only covers accidents and medical treatments in KOREA!
How to request for bills(After purchasing Dongbu Health Insurance)
- Please prepare the documents listed below and call the Dongbu Insurance claim center(+82-2-776-8500)
(Refer to the web site : CLICK)
- Fill out the Insurance Report
- Prepare a copy of the Insurance Certificate
- Receipt from the hospital (병원진료비영수증)and Receipt for Medicine Charges from
- Pharmacy(약국조제비 영수증)
- Copy of bank account(The account must be under one’s own name)
- Copy of Alien Registration or passport
OTHER OPTIONS (Choose one from the list)
- Purchase other private Insurance company plan and submit the certificate of Health insurance
- The Health insurance plan should meet the required coverage level for your injury and disease.
- Purchase National Health Insurance and submit the certificate of Health Insurace
- Monthly Fee: krw 38,350(same for all ages/ Foreigner 50% discounted rate)
- Differences from Private Insurance plan :
-  The purchasing fee will be applied retroactively for the days for your entire stay period in Korea
-  Private insurance plan provides the compensation within the coverage amount except the deductible, however, National Health Insurance purchasers, you need to pay uninsured portion of your medical expenses- same as Koreans.
- Purchase other private insurance plan from your country and submit the certificate of Health insurance
Purchase other private insurance plan from your country and submit the certificate of Health insurance COVERAGE INSURED AMOUNT Injury Death US$ 10,000 Permanent Lesion Hindrance US$ 10,000 Injury Medical Expense US$ 10,000 Disease Expense US$ 10,000
※ If you have purchased the adequate health insurance plan which meets the required coverage level provided above, please submit the certificate of your health insurance with the verification form to Global Lounge or by email to email@example.com
- Office of International Affairs
Tel: +82-2-710-9256 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Global Lounge (Renaissance Plaza #B107)
* DONGBU Insurance
- Tel +82-2-776-8500, Chinese Service 1899-4888
- DONGBU Insurance Web Site : http://foreignerdb.com/student/student_apply.asp?sn=sookmyung