Payment of tuition and other fees by the deadline after course registration
- During February(Semester 1) and August(Semester 2)
- Tuition should be remitted to the account in the tuition bill posted on Sookmyung Portal System
- Student who fails to register or request leave of absence during the registration period will be dismissed for failure to register or failure to return from leave of absence.
Special Scholarships for Outstanding nternational Students
|category||financial support||supporting period||qualification of gaining scholarship while in school|
|A||entrance fee tuition fee||2 years for Master's 3 years for Doctorate||above GPA 3.5/4.3 each semester should be maintained|
|B||entrance fee tuition fee||one semester||
|C||entrance fee half of tuition fee||one semester|
|※D||Entrance fee tuition fee for Korean Language Program||one semester|
|E||entrance fee||one semester|
※ Applicable to undergraduate program candidates only
For only foreigners who have both foreign parents, recommended from professors or a state's certain region's leader of society, education, culture division and are highly capable to become one of the leader in those certain divisions
- Documents to submit Activity record and recommendation letter
- Specifications for evaluation :
Reference contents, former school record, development possibility, communication skill.
- Entrance fee and tuition fee are followed to semester and major's standard.
- The number of students on scholarship will be selected by the Admission screening committee members' evaluation.
- Accommodation fee and flight fee, etc. could be additionally supported through screening.
- Registration Dates
during February(Semester 1) and August(Semester 2)
Course Registration _ Credits 36 credits per year (Division of pharmacy, Division of education : 50 credits) 1st semester ~ 6st semester : from 7 credits to 19 credits (Division of pharmacy, Division of education : 26 credits) 7st semester ~ : from 2 credits to 19 credits (Division of pharmacy, Division of education : 26 credits) supplementary subjects Social service i,ii,iii / working design / Mento program i,ii
※ Student who has average grade above 3.7 last semester can register more 3 credits.
※ Student who has average grade below 1.7 last semester can not register over 15 credits.
Leave of absence
Absence for a certain period owing to personal reasons (sickness or other unavoidable circumstances)
- Request Dates :
within 2 weeks after first day of class (March, September)
Visit the 'Office of International Affairs' → Submit a leave of absence form → confirm the result
- Period per leave of absence
Maximum 3 year
- Tuition Refund (Leave of absence after registration)
Tuition Refund (Leave of absence after registration) Form Submission Date Refund Amount 2 weeks from first day of classes Full tuition refund Up to 30 days from 14 days of classes 5/6 of tuition refund Up to 60 days from 30 days of classes 2/3 of tuition refund Up to 90 days from 60 days of classes 1/2 of tuition refund
D-4 student visa will not be valid after the leave of absence is approved by university.
- Student will automatically be dismissed if they do not return or extend their leave of absence once their term is over.
- Student has to confirm the result of request leave of absence.
- Student can download required document for Leave of absence on the internet.
Return from leave
Registration for students to continue their studies once their leave of absence term expires.
- Request Dates : early February, early August
- Procedure : Sookmyung Portal System → School register → Request return from leave
- Early return from leave
Students on a leave of absence for a year returning after one semester
- Request dates : late January to early March.
- Procedure : Sookmyung Portal System → school register → request early return from leave
Student can remit tuition and register course after requesting return(early return) from leave.
Voluntary withdrawal from studies due to unavoidable circumstances
- Request date : at all times
Visit the 'Office of International Affairs' → Submit voluntary withdrawal form → confirm the result
- Tuition Refund (Leave of absence after registration)
Tuition Refund (Leave of absence after registration) Date of withdrawal Refund Amount Up to 14 days from first day of classes Full tuition refund Up to 30 days from 14 days of classes 5/6 of tuition refund Up to 60 days from 30 days of classes 2/3 of tuition refund Up to 90 days from 60 days of classes 1/2 of tuition refund
Dismissal of student who meets the terms of dismissal
Terms of Dismissal
- Failure to return from absence without good reason of leave of absence expiration Double Registration
(Attendance at another school)
- A readmitted student on academic probation after having been dismissed for three consecutive academic probations
- Failure to pay tuition or other costs within fixed deadline
Student who wish to continue their studies after voluntary withdrawal or dismissal owing to failure to register, failure to return from absence or academic probation can readmit after dean's approval (if it has vacancy in department a year). Student dismissed wing to Academic probation can be readmitted after one year from the dismissal date Student who wish to continue their studies after voluntary
- Request date : early January, early July
- student should submit readmission form to academic affair service.
- One time request
- Student dismissed owing to probation
- If student get approval for readmission, should register within fixed period.
Students should meet the following requirements for graduation.
|semester||over 8th semesters|
|credit||over 134 credits (Students Admitted 2012~2015)
over 125 credits (Students in Humanities and Society, Admitted after 2016)
over 130 credits (Students in Natural Science/Engineering/Arts&Physical Education , Admitted after 2016)
|And meet the base number of credits by each Major|
|Graduation evaluation||Graduation thesis/comprehensive exam/ recital /work||Each Major|
|Test of Proficiency in Korean(TOPIK)||grade application||Students in Arts & Physical Education : Level 3
The others : Level 4
|certification of information skill||exemption|