Tuition payments and other fees are due by the specified deadline following course registration.
- For Semester 1: During February
- For Semester 2: During August
- Tuition should be remitted to the account provided on the tuition bill posted on the intranet.
- Students who fail to complete registration or request a leave of absence during the designated registration period may face dismissal for non-registration or failure to return from the leave of absence.
Leave of Absence
A leave of absence allows students to be absent for a certain period due to personal reasons, such as sickness or other unavoidable circumstances.
- Request Dates:
Students must submit their leave of absence request within 2 weeks after the first day of class (March for Semester 1, September for Semester 2).
- Log in to the intranet.
- Input the account number.
- Surrender any external scholarship at the Students Service Center.
- Request a leave of absence.
- Confirm the result of the request.
- Time Period per Leave of Absence:
Students are allowed to take a leave of absence for a maximum of 1 year.
Tuition Refund (Leave of Absence after Registration):
Tuition Refundtable for Tuition Refund Form Submission Date Refund Amount 2 weeks from the first day of classes Full tuition refund Up to 30 days from 14 days of classes 5/6 of tuition refund Up to 60 days from 30 days of classes 2/3 of tuition refund Up to 90 days from 60 days of classes 1/2 of tuition refund
After the leave of absence is approved by the university, the D-4 student visa will no longer be valid.
- If a student does not return or extend their leave of absence after the approved term is over, they will automatically be dismissed.
- Students must confirm the result of their leave of absence request.
- Students can download the necessary documents for the leave of absence from the internet.
Return from Leave
Registration for students to continue their studies once their leave of absence term expires:
- Request Dates: Late January to early March
- Procedure: Students should access the intranet and complete the school registration process to request a return from leave.
- Early return from leave:
- Students who have been on a one-year leave of absence and wish to return after one semester:
- Request Dates: Late January to early March
- Procedure: Students should access the intranet and complete the school registration process to request an early return from leave.
After requesting a return (early return) from leave, students can remit tuition and register for courses.
Voluntary withdrawal from studies due to unavoidable circumstances:
- Request date: Students can submit a voluntary withdrawal request at any time.
- Print out the completed voluntary withdrawal form from the Student Service Center website.
- Obtain signatures from both the student and the guardian on the form.
- Obtain signatures from the academic advisor and the dean on the form.
- Submit the voluntary withdrawal form to the registrar's office.
- Tuition Refund (Leave of Absence after Registration)
Tuition Refundtable for Tuition Refund Date of Withdrawal Refund Amount Up to 14 days from first day of classes Full tuition refund Up to 30 days from 14 days of classes 5/6 of tuition refund Up to 60 days from 30 days of classes 2/3 of tuition refund Up to 90 days from 60 days of classes 1/2 of tuition refund
Dismissal of a student who meets the terms of dismissal:
Terms of Dismissal:
- Failure to return from leave of absence without a valid reason upon the expiration of the leave of absence.
- Double Registration (attending another school while registered at the university).
- A readmitted student on academic probation after having been dismissed for three consecutive academic probations.
- Failure to pay tuition or other costs within the specified deadline.
A student who wishes to continue their studies after voluntary withdrawal or dismissal due to failure to register, failure to return from absence, or academic probation may be readmitted with the dean's approval, provided there is a vacancy in the department within a year. Students dismissed due to academic probation can be readmitted after one year from the date of dismissal. Students who wish to continue their studies after a voluntary leave may return.
- Request dates: Early January, early July
Students should submit the readmission form to the Academic Affairs Service Department
- One-time request
- Students dismissed due to academic probation
If a student’s readmission request is approved, they must register within the specified time period.
Students must meet the following requirements for graduation.
|Semester||Full tuition refund|
|Up to 30 days from
14 days of classes
|Over 8 semesters||Over 140 credits (College of Pharmacy)|
|Credit||Over 140 credits||Each Department|
|Grade||Above 1.50/4.30||Except students in Art and Physics (Class of 2001)|
|Except students in Art and Physics (Class of 2001)
and Information Science Department
|*English Exam||Grade Application||84 – 86|
|Acquirement of Appropriate Certificate||80 – 83|
Students must take the English exam(SMU MATE) for graduation.
|Humanities and Society||Intermediate Level Ⅲ
|English Language & Literature||Intermediate Level Ⅳ4
|Natural Science||Intermediate Level Ⅲ
|Arts and Physical Education
(For student studying from 2002)
Certification of Information Skills
Students must obtain an appropriate Certificate of Information Skills for graduation. Examples of acceptable certifications include MOUS (Microsoft Office User Specialist), Information Processing Engineer, Industrial Engineer Office Automation, and others.
|Semester||Over 6 Semesters||Intermediate Level
|Credit||Completion of 105 Credits
(College of Pharmacy - 114 credits)
|Transfer students should complete over 35 credits
(College of Pharmacy - 39 Credits)
|School Register||Undergraduate students or students who completed the course||A student on a leave of absence cannot register.|