International professors can apply for either the E-1 professor visa or the E-2 Foreign Language Instructor visa. To qualify, foreign professors must meet the requirements under the Higher Education Act to lecture or research at educational institutions. Alternatively, they can be qualified professionals in the field of science and receive a recommendation from the Ministry of Education to lecture or study at science-related educational facilities.
- Click here to see the required documents for a E-1 Professor Visa,
- Click here to see the required documents for a E-2 Foreign Language Instructor Visa
All documents must be submitted in both English and Korean. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Office of International Affairs at email@example.com.
Alien Registration Permit
To stay in Korea for more than 90 days, it is mandatory to obtain the Alien Registration Permit within 90 days of your arrival. This requirement applies to all visa holders, and we strongly advise you to apply for it as soon as you arrive in Korea. The Alien Registration Card will be issued approximately 3 to 4 weeks after you submit your application.
- To apply, please prepare the following documents:
- Application Form (available at the Immigration Office)
- Valid passport
- Three passport-size photos
- Certificate of Enrollment from your university
- Service fee of KRW 30,000
- Contact the Immigration Offices for assistance or more information:
- For additional details, please visit http://www.hikorea.go.kr.