[Exchange students-Fall 2023] SCHEDULE FOR COURSE REGISTRATION AND SMU ID INFORMATION
- Views 1101
- Writer 국제협력팀
- 작성일 2023-08-04
Dear Fall 2023 Exchange Students,
Warm greetings from the Office of International Affairs at Sookmyung Women＇s University.
Please find the essential guidance on the course registration process for the upcoming Fall 2023 semester.
1. Key Dates for the Academic Schedule:
[Course Registration]—Korea local time
Aug. 10 (Thu)9:00~ Aug.14 (Mon) 17:00
(Allocation not based on first-come, first-served basis;
Mandatory result check on the specified date)
Course Registration Result Check
Aug. 21(Mon) 16:00~
Aug. 23(Wed) 08:00~17:00
Aug. 24(Thur) 08:00~17:00
after semester start
Sep. 1(Fri) 08:00 ~ Sep.7(Thu) 24:00
: Only for closed or cancelled courses
Sep. 8(Fri) 14:00~17:00
Sep. 22(Fri) 10:00~ Sep.28(Thu) 24:00
* Due to potential system access issues during opening and closing times, we recommend accessing the system at least an hour in advance.
2. Video Clip and Guidelines:
1) 2023 Fall Course Registration information - attachment
2) Video Clip- How to do the course registration
3) Video Clip- How to use the snowboard
4) Video Clip- How to use the Sookmyung Portal
5) How to find out the courses taught in English -attachment
6) How to drop the course-attachment
* Video Clip files have been sent to your email address. If you have not received it, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Key Points for Course Registration:
1) Review the Course Registration PowerPoint presentation for detailed information.
2) Access the portal system via: https://portal.sookmyung.ac.
3) Upon registration, change your initial password to a unique one.
This password is crucial for your SMU portal system access throughout your study period.
The new password must be a combination of at least 8 characters (including numbers, letters, and special characters).
4) Minimum and Maximum Credit Load per Semester:
Minimum Credits: 9, Maximum Credits: 18
* Note: Students from UCLAN, Sheffield, SOAS, and St. York taking intensive Korean Language courses should register for a minimum of 3 credits and the regular language program.
5) Course Changes During Designated Period:
You may adjust your course selection during this period, as available seats may open up.
6) For Course registration, your SMU student buddy can help you. If you have not gotten an email from your buddy yet, please let us know.
4. New Exchange Student Orientation for Fall 2023:
1) Date and Time: Aug. 28 (Mon), 3:00 PM ~ 5:00 PM
2) Venue: Samsung Convention Center, 2nd Floor, Centennial Hall
Kindly remain mindful of these crucial academic dates to ensure a smooth course registration process.
Office of International Affairs
Sookmyung Women’s University